It’s that time of year when we look back, review some statistics, and evaluate our service. Here are some numbers which give a pretty good summary of the impact we’re having with our young homeless community. And thank you to the many of you who make this happen!
So far in 2023:
- We received over 9,000 visits from 549 different young people, 391 of which are new to us this year.
- We provided 1838 showers (this # is down a bit due to a bathroom issue) and run 625 loads of laundry.
- We provided over 10,000 meals, innumerable pieces of clothing, 395 pieces of outdoor equipment and 204 gift cards.
- We assisted in obtaining nearly 50 pieces of ID and provided 96 cell phones.
- In our Pallet Shelters, we have provided shelter and support for 15 different individuals.
- Approx. 50 of our guests participated in life skills and other classes and 15 have engaged in individual counseling with therapists from CAFA.
Due to the way we are structured, it is difficult to accurately establish the # of our guests who have obtained employment and housing, but we know many have been able to take those steps, with and without our assistance. What I do know for sure, is that every young person who enters our space is loved, encouraged and assisted in any way we can!
As you may be considering your year-end giving, I hope you will consider supporting Hosea. The young people we serve desperately need the services we provide as they strive to move forward. Your partnership provides love, care and assistance to homeless young people, changing the course of their lives, to lives of health and purpose!
Thank you for your consideration.