About Hosea Youth Services
Hosea Youth Services (HYS) was born on the streets of Eugene in 1995 in response to the growing number of hungry and homeless youth. HYS became an official non-profit organization in 1997.
Since then, we have transformed what started as a meals service into a multi-faceted effort to help at-risk and homeless youth build and sustain healthy and purposeful lives away from the streets. HYS seeks to provide a safe place to meet the basic needs of homeless and at-risk youth and offer hope, friendship, referral services, encouragement, some financial support and spiritual encouragement for those who are interested.
Our Mission Statement:
We believe every homeless and vulnerable young person deserves to experience Christ’s love and to have the opportunity to live healthy, positive, and productive lives off the streets.
Who We Serve
The youth we serve are young people between the ages of 16 and 24 who are without a safe, stable place to sleep and often are not living as part of a family with a responsible parent figure.
Youth who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless come from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. Many are affected by childhood trauma, substance abuse, abandonment, generational poverty, teenage pregnancy and the stress of street life; all of which can delay healthy adolescent development. Our young guests commonly suffer from deficits in their social and communication skills, opportunities, confidence and self-worth.
These values provide the foundation for how we serve our young homeless population and interact with our community.
1) We offer young people healthy adult relationships with volunteers, staff, interns, mentors, and case managers.
2) We provide a caring community for our guests, staff, interns, and volunteers.
3) We pray daily for the health of our guests, the strength of our staff and volunteers, the wisdom of our leadership, and the generous support of our financial partners.
4) We value collaborative relationships with like-minded community organizations and governmental agencies.
5) We will either offer comprehensive (wraparound) services or refer our young guests to other organizations, ensuring they receive whatever service or assistance they may need.
Connect with HYS
Most Urgent Needs
- YOU: Volunteers
- Monthly Support (Donations)
- Winter Garments (esp. coats)
- Clean, New Undergarments
- Backpacks & Jeans
- Camping Equipment
- Paper and Cleaning Supplies