Volunteer Your Hearts and Hands
You are fundamental in helping the young people in your community create and sustain healthy lives away from the streets.
We need your help! Volunteers make up the core of HYS. We rely on volunteers for almost everything we do. About 200 volunteers give over 2,000 hours a year to maintain the services we provide. We appreciate any amount of time you can volunteer to help bring hope to the at-risk and homeless youth in our community. Fill out our volunteer application at the bottom of this page. The volunteer opportunities at HYS tend to change but here are some of the areas of service we need regularly. We hope you can help us! Whatever your skills and talents, we will find a wonderful way for you to fit in and help. Thank you in advance for your service and commitment to bettering the lives of our at-risk and homeless youth.
Volunteer Areas of Service:
- Resource Center Help
- Serving Meals
- Hanging with kids
- Referral services
- Photography with release forms signed by youth
- Special Event Coordination
- Computer and telephone assistance
- Clerical/Answering Phones
- “Drivers” to secure needed supplies (food, clothing, cleaning etc.)
- Maintenance & repairs
- Special Projects (painting, building, hauling, procurement of furnishings)
- Security/Neighborhood Patrols
- Cleaning up the Grounds
- Planning and Help for our Annual Auction
- Meal Groups – Our meal groups meet one of the most fundamental needs of our youth.
- Work (or Service) Groups
- University of Oregon
- Lane Community College
- Northwest Christian University
- New Hope
Become a Volunteer
We provide many different volunteer opportunities. From serving meals and being support at our Resource Center, assisting youth in our Vocational Placement Program, housing program support, to assisting with our annual auction. Please fill out the application below for more information on volunteering with us.
Become an Intern
Are you looking for a meaningful internship experience? HYS might be just the spot for you. We have opportunities available for interns in our Resource Center, Vocational Placement Program, and Housing Program. Please fill out the following application if you would like more information on these opportunities.