Job Training and Life Skills
Hosea Youth Services’ job training and vocational opportunities help to reduce the number of homeless and unemployed youth.
This is the most rapidly growing facet of our organization with a proven record of success.
Our vocational training opportunities includes:
- Work Exchange programs providing real world, hands on, paid work experience on a temporary basis.
- Referrals to part and full-time job opportunities
- Resume building and development of interview skills
- Securing needed identification and credentials (social security card, birth certificate, etc.)
Local business partners and individuals have partnered with us over the years to provide training and work experience. In the past, Hosea has operated a Thrift Store, partnered with St. Vincent De Paul’s Egan Warming Center and Goodwill Industries for job screening, assessments, and work placement opportunities. The youth at Hosea have also provided overflow cleaning, hauling and yard work for the local construction company YouthWeb.
Current Vocational Opportunities:
Imagination International Inc.
Imagination International has given Hosea an incredible opportunity to offer our youth vocational training. We take four youth twice a week to work in their warehouse cleaning, refilling, and weighing Copic Markers. Imagination International has been beyond welcoming and generous to our youth. We are grateful that this company helps our youth gain job experience in a professional and friendly work environment.
Find Out How Hosea’s Life Skills Program Helped Jacob in The Video Below:
How Can You Help?
- Donating interview-appropriate clothing
- Donating $50 to provide one youth interview clothing
- Help with the first month of transportation to a job by donating:
– $25 Youth One Month Buss Pass
– $50 Adult One Month Buss Pass
- If you own a business, consider offering our youth training, or even part-time and full-time employment. We would be happy to meet with you for an analysis of your needs and how we can partner together.
Willing, Ready, and Able. Last Christmas, 15 kids from Hosea’s Drop-In Center were asked to help move stuff for a local Holiday Fair. Over 15 showed up early, in the rain and snow. They were great workers and the group hiring them were totally amazed by their work and attitudes.
Hosea Youth Services
Hosea Youth Services
PO Box 5531
Eugene, OR 97405
Drop-In Physical Address:
(Inside the church on 8th & Monroe)
834 Monroe Street
Eugene, OR 97402
Most Urgent Needs
- YOU: Volunteers
- Monthly Support (Donations)
- Winter Garments (esp. coats)
- Clean, New Undergarments
- Backpacks & Jeans
- Camping Equipment
- Paper and Cleaning Supplies